Work with us at Jarr! We are living wage employer and a small, dynamic team working to reduce waste in the world. If you are passionate about reducing waste and interested in helping to grow a new business with a lot of heart please check out the positions below.
Current Roles Available:Part-Time Operations Team Member (Warehouse & Driving Position)
Hours: 16-24 hours a week with availability Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday during the day.
Location: 69 West 3rd (Olympic Village) Vancouver, BC
Wage: $20.52 an hour (living wage) with a 30% store discount. $30 monthly phone subsidy.
Work with a start-up, passionate about reducing waste in the world by making zero waste more convenient. You are comfortable in a warehouse environment and driving different sized vehicles (vans and cars). You can work quickly and safely and have experience driving, food packing, or in food service. You have an impeccable driving record and can navigate unknown territory efficiently. You also navigate mobile apps easily and are comfortable using your phone for work. You are known for being quick, accurate and kind.
About Jarr: Jarr is a package-free grocery delivery company delivering to Vancouver and surrounding areas. Our goal is to make package-free living more convenient for folks who want to use less single-use packaging but find it challenging to do so.
About this role:
- Accurately pack and check customer orders
- Deliver grocery orders within Metro Vancouver
- Navigate route and deliveries using smartphone delivery app
- Drive Modo Car Co-op vehicles of various sizes and models safely and effectively
- Pick up returns and correctly record jar and bottles returns for deposit refunds.
- Clean bins, jars and lids at the warehouse using sanitizing equipment
- Communicate effectively using Slack with office and warehouse teams
- Call and text customers when delivery troubleshooting required
- Communicate kindly and effectively with team members and customers
Skills and qualifications:
- Previous experience driving, food packing or food service
- Strong back with ability to lift 30lbs repetitively
- Organized and systematic
- Comfortable using smartphone apps
- Understand basic spreadsheets
- Class 5 driver's license with impeccable driving record
- Meet Modo’s Eligibility requirements
- Exceptional sense of direction
- Communicate well through email
Bonus skills and experience:
- Previous experience as a driver for a grocery delivery company
- Understanding of the circular economy
- Food Safe Certification
- First Aid Certification
To apply: please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Check back frequently for a role that would best fit you and your skill set. We are looking forward to connecting with you. ♥